Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Q: Does Max think he is king of the Goth scene?

A: No, I do not. I was called that in an interview with Entertaining U newspaper and publicly rejected that title immediately. Despite the reports by my haters incessantly blogging about it, I do not think I own this scene nor do I want to control it. For years now anyone tying to bad mouth me immediately goes that route and attempts to spread this unfounded notion to obfuscate the truth. What I do think, and know for a fact, is that for over 10 years I have tirelessly supported the Jax Goth scene in every way possible. Am I territorial about it? Yes, to a point I am. When it comes to the particular night I am doing a promotion, yes I am territorial over that night. The only possible end to someone starting a night on the same night as I do one is to compete directly against us for our already small and struggling scene and split it up. This is not the indie rock scene where more than one club can get upwards of 700 people a night. This is a small scene that with nothing else going on it town gets at best an upward of 150 people. I am frequently accused of not wanting any other night going on in town despite the fact that I have always publicly supported numerous other nights including Randy's Friday nights, Prima Nocturne's Sunday nights (both practically more than they promoted themselves) and most recently I have supported Cafe 331's first Friday of the month Darkwave night and despite the hatred I have received from him I have sent out e-mail's encouraging people to go to Alex's Thursday nights at Metro. Let my actions speak louder than the accusations of those attempting to profit for themselves by spreading info they know to be false. I have championed this scene since it began in Jax and count on me to continue to do so for as long as I am here.

No comments: